Purpose and Scope
For the purposes of this policy, “AMPAC” includes AMPAC Debt Recovery Pty Limited and its related entities including AMPAC Payment Solutions and AMPAC Receivables Management.
AMPAC respects the privacy of individuals. We are committed to protecting your personal information in line with the Privacy Act and the National Privacy Principles.
Collection of Personal Information
During the course of its activities, AMPAC will collect, record, use and disclose personal information about natural persons who are—
- a customer of AMPAC or a director of a company that is a customer of AMPAC
- a debtor, guarantor or referee of an AMPAC customer or supplier
- a contractor or supplier of goods and services to AMPAC
- a solicitor or other professional consultant engaged by AMPAC
The type of information collected will vary depending on the nature of the arrangements with AMPAC and the person’s connection with the arrangements. It may include information about—
- name, address and contact details including telephone numbers and email addresses
- information obtained from emerging technology platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
- date of birth, driver’s licence particulars etc
- employment and/or business history
- financial circumstances, income and history
- bank account and credit card numbers
Use and Disclosure
The purpose for which the information is collected, as well as its nature can result in some personal information being disclosed to parties outside of AMPAC but only where there is a valid reason. External parties to whom information may be disclosed include (but are not limited to)—
- credit reporting agencies;
- auditors, solicitors, and other professional consultants;
- suppliers, insurers, repairers and contractors;
- trade, commercial and/or mercantile agents, auctioneers and strata managers;
- process servers and field agents
insolvency practitioners such as Administrators, Receivers, Liquidators;
- insurers, insurance brokers, insurance assessors and inspection agents;
- vehicle registration authorities;
- Government Departments or Agencies (where required or authorised by Law).
As a matter of course, AMPAC will require anyone to whom personal information is made available to respect the privacy of the person to whom it relates. Persons who want to know what personal information AMPAC holds about them and how it has been used are invited to send a written request to The Privacy Contact Officer, AMPAC Debt Recovery Pty Limited -
- by mail to GPO Box 5447 Sydney NSW 2001; or
- by facsimile to (02) 8579 7199; or
- by e-mail to email@example.com
Any complaints, disputes or concerns should also be directed to The Privacy Contact Officer.